Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image search

Folks,
    I am looking this up for a friend.He wants to know about whether or not dark blue trousers were worn in the later period of the war by Federal enlisted volunteers.So if you have photographs or records showing enlisted Federals receiving dark blue trousers,please post on here.Thanks
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Re: Image search

Cullen,
    The Liberty Rifles have excellent photo documentation on their website about dark blue trousers used throughout the war. Direct him to their research page. May help some.
    Daniel Shealy
    Sandlapper Mess

Comment

Like I said on Facebook, Thanks again Cullen!

What Im looking for is original photos of federals in dark blue trousers cause I cant seem to find them on the internet (maybe Im using the wrong search phrases, or maybe they just aint on the internet, either way). I have seen plenty in my books, and I have documentation of them wearing them, but a pard of mine insists that they were worn only be regular army and officers, if I can get some original photos of them on here, that would be GREAT! Artillery, Infantry, Calvary all welcome, but I would prefer Infantry photos. Later in the war, around 1864-1865 preferably!

So if anyone can post photos of these volunteers wearing dark blue trousers, I would appriciate it!

-Corey O
      Last edited by Irish Reb; 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM. Reason: missing one important sentance
      Corey O'Connor

De' Plum Crazy Mess

-[COLOR="Red"][I][U]Artillery[/U][/I][/COLOR]
      Never worry about a bullet with a name on it.
      Instead, worry about shrapnel addressed to occupant.

Comment

I have found photos from Charleston 1863, Appomattox April 1865, Petersburg 1864, Atlanta 1864, and Richmond 1865. You may want to try this link http://www.libertyrifles.org/research/darkblues62.html . It has some of the photos I was referring to, but most were found in different books.
        Andrew Kasmar

Comment

Andrew,

I was hoping you would pipe in. Im doing this search cause of one of our Facebook friends, he insists that what im thinking about is officers and regular army soldiers wearing dark blues and thats just not the case. I wear dark blue britches when Im a volunteer from time to time, depending on the impresion.

Thanks for the info. I have seen that link before and it is very helpful. However, I was hoping to get some photos like I have seen in the countless books I have read before, NONE of those images are on the internet. Im hoping someone has some of those pictures on thier computer and can post them here.

-Corey O
          Corey O'Connor

De' Plum Crazy Mess

Comment

The first photograph is of William Bird of Greenwich, CT, who served in Company I of the 10th Connecticut. Bird was promoted to Sgt Nov 3, 1863 and was discharged when his term expired on Oct 8, 1864. The second image shows the Color Sgt of the 7th Connecticut. It was taken in 1865. I'm quite sure I've seen other late war cdvs of Connecticut infantrymen in dark blue trousers, but I have not yet re-found them (my computer crashed a few months ago). Hope this helps.
            Brendan Hamilton
            Jerusalem Plank Road

Comment

Those are EXACTLY what Im looking for! Thanks a ton.

Anybody else?

-Corey O
              Corey O'Connor

De' Plum Crazy Mess

Comment

Working...
              X