This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Bidding @ $50,000,000 please!!

What is it this week on ebay with these rare and expensive photo's??

Re: Start Bidding @ $50,000,000 please!!

Same guy as the fake US Grant - this is just dumber. E-bay really needs to tell him to go away.

Abe probably wished Mary looked this good ;)

Would have thought a fake Grant would be almost as good as fake Abe and Mary, at least half as much. :D
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I'm still waiting for this guy to come up with some images of R.E. Lee and the baby Jesus......starting bid $1 trillion :sarcastic
      Dan Foster

Comment

HOW MUCH WITHOUT THE STORY!!!!!

Check out the thumbnails, compare and contrast.

Pieces of the True Cross Mess.
        Attached Files
        Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Serious...that is some pretty powerful writting, especially the part about this being the "Holy Grail of photographs"..lol. Robert, I was reading through some old posts and saw that you might be comming down to Oakley and wanted to say hopefully I'll see ya there...I'll be with the 9th LA for that event.
          Dan Foster

Comment

That guy is on crack. Doesn't look anything like the Lincolns. And 2 experts even said the same and he goes to great lengths to try and disprove them. Maybe I'll put the wet page images I took a few years ago up for sale and see if I can get a few million, hey I could be just as ludicrous and say they are of Billy Sherman.

Comment

Originally posted by C.G. Williams
              What is it this week on ebay with these rare and expensive photo's??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33774
              Wow, My young son (7) even said that's not Abe Lincoln. This man needs to have his head examined :tounge_sm

Rob Tarbox
              [COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Sgt.R.C.Tarbox
              6thNHVI
              Bully Sixth

"Don't you run till you see the Sixth New Hampshire run; but when you see that regi-ment retreating, you may do likewise." (officer of a Regiment fighting with the Sixth at Bull Run)

{History of the Sixth New Hampshire Regiment in the War for the Union
              Captain Lyman Jackman}[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][COLOR=SlateGray]5th VA. Company D
              Southern Guard[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I don't know where these crackpots come from, but he sure writes powerful enough for me to read part way through just to see the idiocy. The real idiot though will be the person who actually makes a bid. I might watch this one just for the best laugh I'll get all day or week. Oh yeah, and my 12 year old daughter said the same thing as the 7 year old son.....no way.

Layton Pennington
                [FONT=Times New Roman]Layton Pennington[/FONT]
                Member, Company of Military Historians
                Member, Society for Military History
                Life member, SCV
                Life member: Veterans of Foreign Wars,
                American Legion, Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Maybe I can sell the photo of myself with my old "Linkum" beard, as a rare image of Robert Lincoln.
                  Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

Comment

Originally posted by DixieLand1859
                    Serious...that is some pretty powerful writting, especially the part about this being the "Holy Grail of photographs"..lol. Robert, I was reading through some old posts and saw that you might be comming down to Oakley and wanted to say hopefully I'll see ya there...I'll be with the 9th LA for that event.
                    Dan

See ya at Hoakley.
                    Robert Johnson

Comment

1.One day, someone capable of thinking for themselves, (fancy that), will look beneath the surface of the unfamiliar appearance, and realize that where there's smoke, there's fire. I have been told, on more than one occasion, that the original daguerreotype would be worth nine figures if ever authenticated, as ridiculous as that sounds. So don't wait for the price to plummet on THIS daguerreotype. I'm fully prepared to wait until 2030 when we go traipsing off to Mars in search of intelligent life. It certainly seems to be in short supply on this planet.

2. If this photograph is ever fully authenticated, it will be accomplished in spite of the efforts by the Lincoln community to prevent it, instead of with the help of the Lincoln community, as it should have been from day one.

3. This is unquestionably an original daguerreotype of Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln taken on or about March 4th, 1861. It is the Holy Grail of photographs and priced accordingly. Whether it will ever be fully recognized as such remains to be seen.
                      Is this guy a moron? He tell us that we need to think for ourselves and look beneath the surface of the guy in the picture....what r we suppossed to do take his face off? Second he says that is unquestionably an original of the Lincolns....if it is so unquestionable then why does he keep saying "if it is ever authenticated"? What a crack head.....probably needs money to score more rock.
                      Gregory Randazzo

Gawdawful Mess http://www.gawdawfulmess.com
                      John Brizzay Mess
                      SkillyGalee Mess
                      http://skillygalee-mess.blogspot.com/

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

“These people delight to destroy the weak and those who can make no defense; it suits them.” R.E. Lee referring to the Federal Army.

Comment

Did you fella's read follow the link for the responses this clod got from esteemed photography centers? Every letter he got back says its not them and despite some similarites is a completetly different couple.

PS- If the picture was taken in in March of 1860, wouldn't Lincoln be beardless?
                        Andrew Donovan
                        Livonia, MI
                        5th Texas Co. E
                        Medich Battalion
                        Beauregard Mess

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=DarkRed][I]"High Ho, de boatman row. Floatin' down de ribber, de Ohio"[/I] [/COLOR] [/FONT]

Comment

If that plate was taken in 1861 I'm the tooth fairy. Mary Todd Lincoln was much more up to date with fashion than to be wearing a dress that is mid to early 1850's in 1861. Not to mention....she got fat really fast too.
                          Maggie Halberg
                          Milwaukee, WI

Comment

Originally posted by MissMaggie
                            Not to mention....she got fat really fast too.
                            And old! I dont think Old Abe Himself is worth the price this rascal is asking for this image.

Maybe he ment that this was Jim Lincoln. :sarcastic

See my other auctions; Richmond typeII Brooklyn Bridge.
                            Robert Johnson

Comment

All,

I think the intent of this folder was to save for RESEARCH, any LEGITIMATE period photos. It is not the place, nor is there any place on this forum, to rag on obvious phoneys.

Please use this space only for documented, researchable photos.
                              Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
                              X