Carte De Viste Preservation Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carte De Viste Preservation Society

I thought some of you might be interested an participating in this...

http://www.cdvps.org

CDVPS is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of 19th Century images (CDVs, Cabinet cards, ambrotypes and Tintypes as well as sketches. Both Military and Civilian) and more importantly making the invaluable information contained therein free and readily available to those of us desperate for it.
    A picture is worth a thousand words…
    If you have ever tried to do any kind of serious research on the civil war (Particularly material culture) you are aware that it is quite difficult. Records were often not well kept or preserved and most of the desirable articles are in private collections and therefore unavailable.
    We believe that this information needs to be shared and in order to advance the study of the 19th century beyond its current point it is necessary to examine all possible examples of its material culture. This forum is a way to share that material culture. In this digital age there is no viable reason not to.

-Damon Palyka
    Last edited by dpalyka; 03-15-2004, 11:10 AM.
    -------------------------------------------
    Damon Palyka
    11th Indiana Zouaves Co. H
    N-SSA Miller Award Winner 2004

Re: Carte De Viste Preservation Society

Thank you for that post about the CDV's. I have a large collection of them and was wondering if anyone knows if reproduction CDV albums are being made. I found an old one at an antique store for $120 which had a nice cover, however, most of the pages were torn where the images had been harvested out. Does anyone know where to find a good album?
    Someday I'd like to have an album filled with all of the generals or celebrities of the era, has anyone here done this?
    Mfr,
    Judith Peebles
    Mfr,
    Judith Peebles.
    No Wooden Nutmegs Sold Here.
    [B]Books![B][/B][/B] The Original Search Engine.

Comment

Working...
    X