Image Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Links

Not seeing a thread to add this to, I thought a thread just for links to off-site images would be nice.

Joseph Jackson Todd
    October 4th, 1816 - February 25, 1901 - aged 84.
    Enlisted at age 44 as Sergeant, Company G, 10th South Carolina Infantry
    Buried at Bethlehem Baptist church in Conway SC

My favorite thing about "Ole Joe" was that he named his first child born after the war in 1866 "Ulysses Grant Todd." While Grant was respected in the South, (in 66 at least), I think it was Joe's way of saying "I'm reconstructed - now leave me alone!"

The image, unfortunately, is a photo of a photo of a photo. I never saw the original nor do I know where it is.
    Gerald Todd
    1st Maine Cavalry
    Eos stupra si jocum nesciunt accipere.

Re: Image Links

Great image! Of key note for me is the frock he is wearing is indicative of Hagood's Eutaw Regiment of Volunteers. The same frock with it's distinctive tape(?) on the collar is visible in several images of other units that made up the regiment. See Izlar's Edisto Rifles. Do you know who has this image (the copy, not the original) and if I could get/make a copy for personal research?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]David Chinnis[/FONT]
    Palmetto Living History Association
    [url]www.morrisisland.org[/url]

[i]"We have captured one fort--Gregg--and one charnel house--Wagner--and we have built one cemetery, Morris Island. The thousand little sand-hills that in the pale moonlight are a thousand headstones, and the restless ocean waves that roll and break on the whitened beach sing an eternal requiem to the toll-worn gallant dead who sleep beside."

Clara Barton
    October 11, 1863[/i]

Comment

Re: Image Links

It may be in the possesion of a Dennis Todd, but I have no contact for him. He may just have a photo of it like I do

My 8x10 copy is still packed somewhere. It has more of the bottom of the image included. The image was touched up in the usual manner; painted trim, gold on the buttons, etc.
      Gerald Todd
      1st Maine Cavalry
      Eos stupra si jocum nesciunt accipere.

Comment

Working...
      X