could you identified these images ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could you identified these images ?

hello, I'm new here, Cw buff and reenector with a great interest for period photography...
    I 've found this images on ebay of course , without any comments... have you more informations about ?

also this link for an other image , military academy ? in the south ? where ?

thanks for your help and comments,
    sincerely Patrick Ailliot CWRT of France
    Attached Files

Re: could you identified these images ?

Hello,

I cannot say just what unit those fellows are in. However, it seems to me that it is either a pre-war militia photo or a very early war one (i.e. winter of 1861). The reason I say that is the use of the 1855 model Springfield Rifle-Muskets (the long range sights & the set up of the slings are a give away) and such items as, the use of knives in the belts, the packs look to be hardpacks and the caps with trim all seem to be indicators of an early, or pre-war setting. I would also guess that they are Northern troops although that is a pure guess on my part. Hope my hypothesis is a help to you.
    [COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman]En Obtien!...James T. Miller[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Re: could you identified these images ?

Referencing the name written above and apparently identifying the fellow on the right- a search of the NPS-S&SS turned up one(and only one) Sgt. Edwin Sully of the 1st Regiment, Confederate Engineer Troops.
      Leland Hares, 10th Tennessee (U.S.)

Comment

Working...
      X