Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartermaster Department Photograph Request

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I am currently doing a project looking at photographs of civilians associated with the United States army, looking at their facial hair. There is a wonderful image of employees of the Quartermaster Department in Washington, which I've attached. Unfortunately the only version of the image I can find is rather small, making it almost impossible for me to look at the details of the facial hair. Anyone have any idea where I can find a larger version of the image?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	quartermaster department.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	230518
    Patrick C. Salland PhD

69th New York Co. A
    The Washington Guards

"Men are only children of an older growth" John D. Billings

Re: Quartermaster Department Photograph Request

This is the link to the high-res TIFF (86.5 MB) of that plate: http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/cwpb/04200/04249a.tif
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Re: Quartermaster Department Photograph Request

Thanks Mr. Hermann! I'm still learning how to navigate the LOC image files. That was extremely helpful!
      Patrick C. Salland PhD

69th New York Co. A
      The Washington Guards

"Men are only children of an older growth" John D. Billings

Comment

Working...
      X