Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorization of period photos

Gentlemen and ladies,

If you have a photo that you would like colorized and "brought to life" please feel free to drop it in this thread or message me on facebook (Dan DeLuca)

here are some examples of my work. *I'm doing this for fun, I'm not asking for any compensation*

Please only provide photos that are for the most part "clear". Gritty and over exposed are a PAIN to work with and don't always come out the best. (I can for the most part restore photos as well, but if its heavily damaged, that would require more time).

Click image for larger version

Name:	105th ohio.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	232006

Name:	illinois.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	232007

Name:	girl.jpg
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	232008

Keep in mind, I have a busy schedule. I'll try to get to them as quickly as I can.
    Daniel DeLuca
    76th O.V.I
    McCook's Brigade
    Founding member of "The Backwash Mess"

Re: Colorization of period photos

I would love to see this "mock sword fight" colorized. Great thing you're doing here btw.

Name:	Mock sword fight.jpg
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	225127
    Attached Files
    Ben Beckman

17 and been a living historian for 2 years. New to this side of the hobby, always looking for events to go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanbomb View Post
      I would love to see this "mock sword fight" colorized. Great thing you're doing here btw.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51002[/ATTACH]
      I'll get those colored for you this evening!
      Daniel DeLuca
      76th O.V.I
      McCook's Brigade
      Founding member of "The Backwash Mess"

Comment

18th Wisconsin Co. B. If you wouldn't mind colorizing these whenever you have time. Thanks in advance
        Attached Files
        Timothy Hallman

Comment

I'd love to get this one colorized. This is Tanner Thomas of Wingville, WI. He served in Co. H, 7th WVI as a sergeant until receiving a commission in 1864. He commanded Co. A during the initial assualts on Petersburg. He was killed June 18th, 1864.

He was a close friend of my G-G-G-Uncle. When My uncle Monroe was killed at 2nd Bull Run, Tanner wrote a letter to the family informing them of his death and detailing a very moving premonition he had hours before. My son is named for both men.

Name:	Tannerthomas.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	225130
          Tyler D. Scott

Comment

Perhaps a little ambitious, but these are members of the Kentucky State Guard at Camp Boone in Lexington in late August 1860.

Name:	campboone.jpg
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	225132
            Andrew Donovan
            Michigan

I think many of us get nostalgic about the past and like to think somehow that the world our mid-19th century ancestors lived in was free from many of the "sins" of our present world. Truth is, the more you study the past the more you realize that there's really nothing new under the sun. They struggled with many (most) of the same problems we do today.
            -Ian McWherter

Comment

Working...
            X