Interesting Way of Carrying Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Way of Carrying Cup

This soldier appears to be carrying his cup on his canteen strap. I have never thought of doing this, nor have I seen it at reenactments. Thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	37165v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	232037
    Ben Beckman

17 and been a living historian for 2 years. New to this side of the hobby, always looking for events to go to.

Re: Interesting Way of Carrying Cup

Thanks for sharing the image! I actually did try to carry a cup this way once. I do not recall what had me try it but perhaps just trying to make room in my haversack. It made a terrible racket of sound as I marched. That set up also had the cup get in my way when I tried to drink from the canteen. The experiment didn't last 1/2 a day.

I like to keep in mind with these shots that look like they were studio set ups that embellishments were added for flair. Something to make it more interesting at the persons or photographers suggestion.
    Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
    Civil War Digital Digest
    Sally Port Mess

Comment

Re: Interesting Way of Carrying Cup

I've seen a couple of images with groups of soldiers just milling about and can see cups on canteen straps. I started doing it this way years ago and never have any problems. I make sure the cup is at the front side of the canteen.
      Joe Smotherman

Comment

Working...
      X