Seven NICE Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven NICE Images

Here are a few from my ebay Gallery. All have ended, I saved them to look at and share.
    Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 01-20-2008, 02:33 PM.
    B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Re: Seven NICE Images

Oooo,

I like the violinist image. Check out how he's holdng it, it appears that he would play with the bottom right side under his chin, rather than the left. I can't make it out very well, but I can't see a chinrest either. Do you have any more information on that image, Garrison? Thanks for sharing! I am in earnest,

Comment

I am afraid I have nothing to add to the images. There was no information in their listings worth recording. It is up to us to interpret them now.
      Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 01-20-2008, 02:33 PM.
      B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

That CS soldier lower left - is that a frock coat or maybe the 4 button issue jacket with wooden or maybe hard rubber buttons? The other soldier - perhaps an RD 1 or 2? Is that trim on the shoulder straps?
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

That CS soldier lower left - is that a frock coat or maybe the 4 button issue jacket with wooden or maybe hard rubber buttons?
          I blew it up but that did not help.
          Wood, rubber, vegetable ivory or bone, I can't tell.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The other soldier - perhaps an RD 1 or 2? Is that trim on the shoulder straps?
          Yes! Trim on the straps, clearly not a shadow. There is a distinct line between the shadow and the texture and hue of the trim.

The strap trim color does not appear to be the same as the trim on his cap.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

E-mail me. I will share any image. Address on profile.
          Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 08-05-2004, 12:45 PM.
          B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Quick question to add to my already sterling reputation total, is it legal to share? I bid and lost two of the images you have shown when they were running on eBay, so did you in fact win them? Can we share on this forum without fear of stepping on the toes of the owner, and copyright issues?
            I have shared a few of my images in the past, but they were mine, or a friends, with permission.
            In these times of legal problems abounding, can we share? :cry_smile
            Steve Sullivan
            46th Illinois
            Co. Mil. Hist.

Comment

My files are not for sale or re-sale.

No image I saved came with a disclaimer or warning that it was illegal to do so or that they were the sole property of an individual or group.

This has been addressed several times before. To my knowledege I have NOT infringed upon any laws or broken any rules set forth in this forum. I believe this to be a fair and accurate statement.

If you are afraid of them do not request them.
              Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 08-06-2004, 12:33 AM.
              B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

uuuuh, eight images...
                B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Garrison,

EXCELLENT images, thanks for sharing. Now, that young pup officer in the lower right... on the table it looks like an ear-trumpet!? (either that or he's a time-traveller with a Victrola amplifier!) Any ideas gents? Perhaps an cannoneer bucking for an early pension? Wish he was in my collection.

Y.O.S.
                  Scott Leatherman
                  6th La. Coy. G

Comment

Looks like a brass horn of some sort...Just my 2 cents.

Travis Franklin
                    Travis Franklin
                    "Patrick Fhailen"

The Missoura Shirkers
                    4th Mo. Inf.

"The Northern onslaught upon slavery was no more than a piece of specious humbug designed to conceal its desire for economic control of the Southern states." Charles Dickens, 1862

Comment

Now on the violinist image. The process of picture taking would inf act reverse the image. So we may just be seeing the image mirrored. Even the pictures Szabo took in the past few weeks have been reversed...So my money is on that the violin is still played on the left side of the body with that chap.
                      Mitchell L Critel
                      Wide Awake Groupie
                      Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

On the officer with the horn... looks like a saxhorn. Looks like one of the ones in EOG (US) Not being a musician, can tell what type, but its a saxhorn
                        Robert W. Hughes
                        Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Inf.
                        Thrasher Mess
                        Operation Iraqi Freedom II 2004-2005
                        ENG Brigade, 1st Cavalry Div. "1st Team!"
                        Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
                        And I said "Here I am. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

On that violinist image, it was commonplace to hold the instrument in your other hand to present an "accurate" image of the musician. The guy looks kind of uncomfortable, and his bow grip is rather slip-shod; I think that's 'cause he's holding it in the "wrong" hand.

I'll bet this guy was the devil's-own fiddler at dances.:musical_n :beer_yum:
                          [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Carl Anderton[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"A very good idea of the old style of playing may be formed by referring to the [I]Briggs Banjo Instructor."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                          [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]Albert Baur, Sgt., Co. A, 102nd Regiment, NY Volunteer Infantry.[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                          X