Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying this Jacket/uniform

Hi All,
    I think I have seen this on the AC int he past, but just can't find it. Can someone tell me if there is more information on the uniform below? I believe it is in the Gettysburg collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gburg Jacket.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	230565
    V/R
    [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"]Brandon L. Jolly[/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Help Identifying this Jacket/uniform

See Bob McDonald's post in this thread: http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...Mystery-Jacket
    Marc A. Hermann
    Liberty Rifles.
    MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
    Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

Thanks Marc. I sent Bob a message. I am looking for some construction details so I supposed I should have stated my inquiry differently. Thanks for the point in the right direction!
      V/R

Comment

Been corresponding with Fred Adolphus of late and urged him to write a book on the surviving Demopolis/Alabama uniforms, as he has a tremendous amount of research gathered over the years, including the latest on the Bach jacket and others. Check out Fred's latest research on his website here: http://www.adolphusconfederateunifor...-research.html I have a copy of the Tait book he sells on the website - great book as it really goes into not just provenance and photos, but construction details aplenty.

Bob MacDonald gets a huge attaboy for donating this uniform to Gettysburg. Charles Childs' pattern for the "Mystery Jacket" comes off another park service example, according to his website (with some construction details and the origin of the "name") here http://www.crchilds.com/Glossary%202013.html
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

That is good stuff. Thank you, Doug. I forgot about Preston's recount of the uniforms they were issued. My ancestor was in the 33rd Ala.
          V/R

Comment

Brandon do you have a photo of him? BTW it was great hanging with you at the movie.
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Same to you! I don't have a photo of my ancestor in the 33rd. There is one of my ancestor Manse Jolly. He was in the 1st SC Cav. Google him, you're in for one interesting character :)
              V/R

Comment

Looks almost like what a Houston Depot jacket has been described as by Fred Adolphus...
                Brian Shajari
                Tolerance Lodge 1165 AF&AM, Texas
                Co. L, 1st Texas Volunteer Infantry Regiment Lone Star Rifles
                Hawaii American Civil War Roundtable Group

Proud descendent of: PVT William B. Wales, Louisiana Crescent Regiment
                and Pvt. James Groves, Jr., Co. K, 6th Louisiana Cavalry

Comment

Working...
                X