Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. Miller Houston Depot Buttons

Gents-

Some Trans-Mississippi T. Miller Houston Depot Confederate buttons. These were all found in the Texas-Lousiana area at sites that saw action between 1863-1865 IIRC. These are all brass cast type buttons with blank backmarks for the most part. You will note that one of them does have a maker mark cast into the back though. It's rather hard to read but does seem to say T. Miller. Not sure how they will post in regards to the fronts and backs being with the correct button but the backmark goes with the "C" button.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Re: T. Miller Houston Depot Buttons

Interesting...

Does anyone know if there are good repros of these out there?
    Brian Shajari
    Tolerance Lodge 1165 AF&AM, Texas
    Co. L, 1st Texas Volunteer Infantry Regiment Lone Star Rifles
    Hawaii American Civil War Roundtable Group

Proud descendent of: PVT William B. Wales, Louisiana Crescent Regiment
    and Pvt. James Groves, Jr., Co. K, 6th Louisiana Cavalry

Comment

Brian, depending on which one your wanting, try this guy.

Email Us:     gw44@comcast.net Location: 5155 Cold Harbor Road Mechanicsville, VA 23111
      Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
      Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
      Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
      Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Thank you Louis...I'm about to start on my Houston Depot jacket and was wondering if anyone sold them. Appreciate the tip.
        Brian Shajari
        Tolerance Lodge 1165 AF&AM, Texas
        Co. L, 1st Texas Volunteer Infantry Regiment Lone Star Rifles
        Hawaii American Civil War Roundtable Group

Proud descendent of: PVT William B. Wales, Louisiana Crescent Regiment
        and Pvt. James Groves, Jr., Co. K, 6th Louisiana Cavalry

Comment

Working...
        X