Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOC Artifacts Displayed On-Line With Zoomify

Gents-

Just found this page on the Museum of the Confederacy website with some well known dandy artifacts. It also provides the ability to "zoomify" or get real close-up to see the item probably closer than if you were actually there in person no less.

The Cicero Bowman kepi and Sgt. Thomas J. Duckett's slouch hat are just two of the items featured.

Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
    Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
    Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
    Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Re: MOC Artifacts Displayed On-Line With Zoomify

I noticed that as well you can also view some of the accouterments as well. They give better descriptions of the items than some of the other online resources. Such as provenance to a person and the size of some of the items.
    Mike Brase
    Proprietor
    M.B. Young and Co.
    One of THEM!
    Member Company of Military Historians

Comment

Working...
    X