Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free E-book "The 125th Regiment, Illinois Volunteer Infantry : Attention Batallion!" by Robert M Rogers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free E-book "The 125th Regiment, Illinois Volunteer Infantry : Attention Batallion!" by Robert M Rogers

Hello everyone,

Here is a free book available online about the 125th Illinois Volunteer Infantry by Robert M Rogers, a solider who fought in the 125th and wrote this book after the fact as a regimental diary:
    https://archive.org/details/125threg...0roge/mode/2up

I have two great uncles who fought in the 125th Illinois and I found this resource to be indispensable in building my impression. Not only does Rogers recount the movements and battles of the regiment in the Western theater, the march to the sea and the Carolinas campaign, he also recounts a ton of interesting anecdotes along the way. Some of the most harrowing stories come from the Battle of Kennesaw mountain, where the regiment walked into the middle of the fight and was almost wiped out.

I thought I would share this not only as a guide for our purposes as living historians but also as light reading in general.

I hope everyone is doing well during these times.
    -Hayden

Hayden Blakeney

Thanks for posting this, any resource like this is good, you never know when it will come in handy.

-Chris Jackson
    Christopher Jackson
    Christopher Jackson

Comment

Working...
    X