X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adolphus Confederate Uniforms - An Invaluable Resource

ADOLPHUS CONFEDERATE UNIFORMS

By Fred Adolphus

No Civil War research section would be complete without a shout-out to Fred Adolphus and his extensive research on Confederate Uniforms. His web site features numerous articles which include photos of originals from multiple theaters of the war. There are close-ups of jackets, coats, trousers, buttons, stitching, hats, and caps. This is truly a treasure trove of information. If you love researching Confederate uniforms, this is your place!

CLICK HERE FOR ADOLPHUS CONFEDERATE UNIFORMS

From the Web Site. About the Author:

"Fred has been passionate about the Confederacy since the early 1960s. His grandfather, Ray Cooke, sparked his interest in the Civil War with Centennial toy soldiers. The author fondly recalls his grandfather intoning, “Our people were the gray ones, the Southerners.” His father, Judge Jim Adolphus, fanned those childhood sparks by providing Fred with books about the Confederacy and by attending Sons of Confederate Veterans meetings in Houston, Texas. Fred eventually focused his historical interest on Confederate uniforms, especially those of the Trans-Mississippi Confederacy."

"Fred is a native Texan from Houston. He graduated from New Mexico Military Institute, received a history degree from Texas A&M, and, more recently, a masters degree in American Strategic Culture from Louisiana State University. His military service included an assignment with the 49th Armored Division, Texas National Guard, followed by an active duty tour in Germany as a field artillery officer. He has worked as a museum professional for over 20 years. Fred is also a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans, American Legion, Company of Military Historians, and has served on many local historic boards as a consultant and honorary curator."

CLICK HERE FOR ADOLPHUS CONFEDERATE UNIFORMS
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Eric, I was pleasantly surprised to find your very kind and generous words when I was doing an internet search. Thank you for your compliments and your support of my research.

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Sincerely, Fred Adolphus

Comment

Fred, great to see you here! By all means, the pleasure is ours. We share a common goal in finding the best research out there and yours is top notch. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Working...
      X