Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Guard Drill Digest

Authentic Community:

This is a digest of color guard drill from an examination of Hardee's and Scott's infantry manuals.
    The goal is for Joe reenactor, being tapped for color guard at a coming event, to read this document and understand his responsibilities.

I welcome serious community feedback! In your responses, please cite your sources.
    I still have some unresolved questions about the presentation of the color. You will see these highlighted in that section.

This is not a document about battalion drill. If readers feel more background information about battalion, or even company, drill should be added, I would consider that reasonable. However, it is expected that readers are already proficient in company drill and at least familiar with battalion drill.

Bearing a color was a position of honor in a battalion. Let's bring that honor back in our portrayal of those who did so.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ARTICLE

Will Thoms
    On Behalf of the Arkansas Confederate Guard
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 09-27-2020, 08:21 AM.
    Will Thoms

Re: Color Guard Drill Digest

Version 0.5 is coming soon. I have had a change to review Casey's and skim Gilham's manuals, and I have found and edited higher quality plates.
    I am still waiting to hear back from some folks, particularly regarding presentation of the color. I have not yet found anything else which provides clarification.
    Will Thoms

Comment

Re: Color Guard Drill Digest

Hello, everyone! Version 0.6, which I think might be sufficient to be called version 1.0, is coming!
      I have a question: do you think it would make more sense for me to re-divide the drill from the arbitrary "basic, "intermediate, advanced," into sections related to Schools of the Soldier, Company, and Battalion? Though I might still split the SoB material into "basic" and "advanced". What do you think?
      Will Thoms

Comment

Working...
      X