Knapsack and Haversack Packing 101 - By Kevin O'Beirne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knapsack and Haversack Packing 101 - By Kevin O'Beirne

Knapsack and Haversack Packing 101 by Kevin O'Beirne, Columbia Rifles.

The attached article is provided here, with permission, by Kevin O'Beirne, Columbia Rifles.
    Attached Files
    Paul Calloway
    Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
    Proud Member of the GHTI
    Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
    Wayne #25, F&AM

Re: Knapsack and Haversack Packing 101 by Kevin O'Beirne, Columbia Rifles

Wow. The article speaks for itself. SO helpful, thank you Paul and Kevin!
    Joe Madden
    13th New Hampshire Vols.
    Co. E
    Unattached

Comment

I bet I've read Kevin's article twenty or more times (and just did again). It's an amazing amount of really useful info on the subject. One of the first articles I read on this subject when I started going to better events.Thanks, Kevin!

Neil Randolph
      1st WV

Comment

I'm grateful it's considered a useful tidbit by some folks. It first appeared in original form in "The Watchdog" in 1999, and was edited a bit for inclusion in "The Columbia Rifles Research Compendium" 1st Edition. It is not included in the forthcoming 2nd Edition of the CRRC, being eclipsed by another, better article on a similar subject. However, the version posted here was updated in 2006 and had a few uneven aspects of its arrangement ironed out and I sent it along to Paul with the hope that it might still be useful to some folks as an introductory piece to lightening their kit for events that call for "campaign" portrayals.

Comment

Howdy folks! As a beginner, I think this is a great resource and appreciate it greatly. I am a modern day combat veteran and quickly learned to be somewhat of a "minimalist" when it comes to packing in the field. For me, this confirms my thoughts and reiforces the idea.
          Randall Moore Patterson
          Born and raised in Groves, Texas
          Co. H, 1st Texas Infantry
          "The Texas Guards"
          "J.H. Moore" Recruited at Kickapoo Mar 20 1862. Promoted Cpl. Paroled Appomattox.

Comment

Hi:
            Great information, very helpful. Thank you for sharing. Going to use some of the tips to improve my know knapsack.

Diana Uhlman
            Last edited by Coatsy; 06-23-2013, 07:17 PM. Reason: Don't feerget yer name!
            Diana Uhlman

Comment

Thank you for the post! Very informative and helpful!

Dillan Lee
              Last edited by Coatsy; 06-23-2013, 07:16 PM. Reason: Don't feerget yer name!
              Dillan Lee
              "Exodus 15:3: The Lord is a man of war"
              Jasper Greens Mess / SCAR

Comment

I just wanted to take a moment to express sincere thanks to the author of this Article. I am just beginning to piece together my first Civil War Military impression and this has been extremely helpful in planing what I need to purchase and what I can do without. This ind of research will save me untold dollars as well making it easier on my back. Thank-you for sharing this well written and informative article.

cheers,
                Stephen Keller

Comment

Plenty of useful stuff in this one!
                  Tyler Underwood
                  Pawleys Island #409 AFM
                  Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X