Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-writting a regimental history (41st OVI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-writting a regimental history (41st OVI)

Hello everyone,
    I have not been on this site in a few years, but have enough confidence in my work to share it here.
    I am currently a regimental researcher for the 41st Ohio Volunteer Infantry. I have access to various private collections that include original diaries, letters, and uniforms from the regiment itself. I also personally own a collection of about 20 images, including CDVs and ambrotypes, that are all identified to the 41st OVI. This collection also includes a few muster reports, clothing accounts, monthly clothing returns, and payment statements. I have worked with various researchers over the years, and have amassed a digital archive of over 80 individuals in uniform from the regiment. I have over 130 images total currently.
    With this information, I have noticed a few inaccuracies in the book, "41st Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry", written by Robert L. Kimberly and Ephraim S. Holloway in 1897. This book was written by the regimental staff officers close to 32 years AFTER the war. The original regimental records where lost in a boat accident in June 1865. It is in my current belief that the regiment deserves a new regimental history written to properly tell all aspects of the regiment. I would like to show the images, uniforms, and letters in this new book, but do not know quite where to start.
    Any help with this lofty goal will be greatly appreciated.

I hope all is well on the home front.
    Your Obedient Servant:

Jake Wiedemann
    regimental researcher and collector
    41st OVI, commanding officer (living history group)
    Jake Wiedemann
    41st Ohio Volunteer Infantry
    Army of the Ohio

Regimental researcher for the 41st OVI
Working...
X