Ambulance Corps Hat Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambulance Corps Hat Bands

Does anybody know of a source for a quality ambulance corps hat band? I checked the approved vendors and searched other places but I didn't find anything. I saw that Trans-Mississippi Depot was offering them at one point but I don't know if they still are.
    Thanks,
    Andrew Turner
    Co.D 27th NCT
    Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Re: Ambulance Corps Hat Bands

TMDC is now an "in-stock only" business.
    Nic Clark
    2017 - 24 years in the hobby
    Proud co-founder of the Butcherknife Roughnecks

Comment

N**S******* does them.
      [FONT="Georgia"][B][I][U]Ken Pettengale[/U][/I][/B][/FONT]
      [I]Volunteer Company, UK[/I]

"You may not like what you see, but do not on that account fall into the error of trying to adjust it to suit your own vision of what it ought to have been."
      -- [I][B]George MacDonald Fraser[/B][/I]

Comment

I think Marc Hermann was making them a few years back, you may want to track him down here on the boards.
        Brian White
        [URL="http://wwandcompany.com"]Wambaugh, White, & Co.[/URL]
        [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wambaugh-White-Company/114587141930517[/URL]
        [email]brian@wwandcompany.com[/email]

Comment

My stencil is pretty well shot, so at this point I would point you in the direction of the afore (un)mentioned NJS.
          Marc A. Hermann
          Liberty Rifles.
          MOLLUS, New York Commandery.
          Oliver Tilden Camp No 26, SUVCW.

In honor of Sgt. William H. Forrest, Co. K, 114th PA Vol. Infantry. Pvt. Emanuel Hermann, 45th PA Militia. Lt. George W. Hopkins & Capt. William K. Hopkins, Co. E, 7th PA Reserves. Pvt. Joseph A. Weckerly, 72nd PA Vol. Infantry (WIA June 29, 1862, d. March 23, 1866.) Pvt. Thomas Will, 21st PA Vol. Cavalry (WIA June 18, 1864, d. July 31, 1864.)

Comment

You could just tie some red cloth around your arm. I imagine makeshift ambulance corps bands were often used in place of hat bands.

"Dr. Payne, our surgeon, was a fine fellow and he had seen much service before being assigned to our regiment. He immediately told us to fall out to one side and proceeded to tear up some red flannel in small strips which he tied around our right arms, explaining that this was a badge the enemy would respect when we were caring for the wounded."

Drum taps in Dixie: memories of a drummer boy, 1861-1865
            By Delavan S. Miller
            Will Chappell

Comment

I also saw one that was piece of white muslin with "Care of our wounded" stenciled on it.

Wether it be a a simple white or red band, I would think anything makeshift would be entirely appropriate since many of these men were simply pulled from the ranks or band/drum corps to preform this duty.
              Steven Flibotte
              Liberty Hall Fifes and Drums
              Confederate Marines Company C./Marine Guard USS Galena
              Tidewater Maritime Living History Association

Comment

In EOG, there is a simple card with ambulance corps stenciled on it. The card was inserted into the hat band. That should be easy enough to fabricate at home very inexpensively.
                Brad Ireland
                Old Line Mess
                4th VA CO. A
                SWB

Comment

Working...
                X