Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .44 cal Seamless Pistol Rounds

Ok Boys...Looking for a How to.

Anyone have any luck making seamless pistol rounds. I'm looking to roll .44 cal dummy rounds using lead conicals for show, I can't figure out how to make them appear seamless. Perhaps someone could provide some guidance...?

Thanks,
    Ryan McIntyre
    124th New York State Volunteers
    Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
    Joseph H. Johnston
    March 16th 1863
    Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
    Henry M Howell
    March 8 1863
    In camp Near Falmouth

Re: .44 cal Seamless Pistol Rounds

Ryan,

See if this thread is useful to you: https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/in...?topic=9695.10 . Scroll down to the post, "'Making Useable Combustible Paper Cartridges' 44 Cal Combustible Cartridges Compliments of Sgt John Chapman .

Dixie Gun Works sells a pamphlet, Self Consuming Paper Cartridges for the Percussion Revolver item #BK2067: http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=1759 which may be of use.
    [B][I]Edwin Carl Erwin[/I][/B]

descendent of:
    [B]Tobias Levin Hays[/B]
    16th Texas Infantry, Co. I, Walker's Texas Division
    22nd Brigade, "Mesquite Company", Texas Rangers
    &
    [B]J. W. Tally[/B]
    4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade[B][/B]

Comment

Re: .44 cal Seamless Pistol Rounds

You can try to get some sausage casings from a butcher - I sometimes get them from the local Piggly Wiggly. Soak them in a nitrate solution, slide them on a cartridge former, twist the end, and let dry. For real shooting glue the bullet on with liquid bandage - a nitrocellulose cement. For dummy use, skip the nitrate, I suppose, but they will not look the same.
      David Stone

Comment

Working...
      X