Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS tent fly weight

Hi,

For those that carry a CS tent fly, I am curious about how much weight does it add to your carrying load?

Thanks,

Kevin Coyle, Private
    Co. B. 4th Texas
    Kevin Coyle

Re: CS tent fly weight

The CS "flys" which I have seen officially spec'd were intended for hosptial and other command uses and as such extend to 15 feet in length (15 x 9 ??? from memory). I have not seen any uniform specs for an "individual" sized fly prescribed by the CS govt for some idea of weight. If memory serves me correct there were some 10 X 10 CS flys circulating in the hobby but I never saw the provenance for those ???????

My considerable CS research has not indicated many references of CS soldiers carrying flys. The references I have seen w/ respect to CS tentage most often has been associated with wagon, rather than man, portage. Reading and personal field trials, both mounted and foot mobile, reveal to me that the oil cloth roll up or taco is the lightest and a very weatherproof option for the individual (and very accurate for CS troops) and it requires little to no set up or tear down time.

CJ Rideout
    Tampa, Florida

Comment

Working...
    X