Proper lining for Schuylkill Arsenal and Rockhill & Wilson jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper lining for Schuylkill Arsenal and Rockhill & Wilson jackets

I'm looking for proper shirting for jacket linings for Schuylkill Arsenal and Rockhill & Wilson jackets. I've gotten a design that is dark blue on biege check just like a 72nd jacket pic from the Carlisle Army War College in Carlisle. I'm looking for a red and dark blue plaid close to the one in the 95th PA jacket on page #146 in EOG. I know of the ones on Wambaugh, White & Co's website, but I'm also looking for others. I've googled homespun fabrics and the ones I've seen are either prints or some weird design. I also know that unbleached osnaburg was used and that WW&Co has that. I'm looking for other designs that would be correct to use. The Walmarts in our area quit selling fabric...period. I know that there was a gold plaid used in an original Collis Zouave jacket that's in the Chancellorsville Visitor Center.

Maybe I'm being too picky. Could you help me in the proper designs and colors that could be used? I want to make sure that what I get for the jackets and civilian shirts is authentically correct.

Thanks,

Larry Kitner, Pres.
    72nd PA, Co. K
Working...
X