Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction Shotgun Ramrod

Good Evening everyone.

I recently purchased an original antebellum shotgun which is in excellent condition expect for the ramrod which is cracked and held together by tape. I obviously would like to get a reproduction ramrod to replace it however I'm having trouble locating a source for one. I have done a search here with various key words in addition of searching the usual suspects like S&S Firearms and Dixie Gun Works with no luck. If anyone can point me in the direction, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Bill Backus

Re: Reproduction Shotgun Ramrod

Bill,

Have you checked with Lodgewood on this item?

regards,
    Mark
    J. Mark Choate
    7th TN. Cavalry, Co. D.

"Let history dictate our impressions.......not the other way around!"

Comment

Bill,are there any wood workers in your area?You may be able to get one of them to make one for you.You can also look around flea markets.I did find a hickory shotgun cleaning rod that I thought of buying for a walking stick.If you're lucking,you can find one and just simply have a metal worker re-work it for you alittle.If you don't want to do that,you could also contact those who make longrifles.They might be able to help you out with your search.
      Just my 2% out of 100 pennies.
      Good job on the shotgun,btw.
      Cullen Smith
      South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Bill, I highly recommend Roy Stroh for a proper hand-split ramrod fitted with the proper hardware.

-G

B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Working...
        X