Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find Springfield & Enfield repro bayonets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find Springfield & Enfield repro bayonets?

Ladies and Gents,

Where can one aquire a decent reproduction bayonet for the Springfield and Enfield rifled muskets?

I will apologize before hand if this has already been discussed but I could not find it in the search function.
    Regards,
    Eliot Toscano
    Independent Brute
    Putting on no style...

"Six children from the local village appeared wearing [U][B]fallacious accoutrements & reprehensible baggage [/B][/U]and thought they would put a sham battle on for our amusement. We laughed so hard at their imitation of soldiers that our sides were hurting for hours."
    A.R. Crawford in the 76th Illinois Infantry, Co D - April 1863 - The origin of FARB

Re: Where to find Springfield & Enfield repro bayonets?

If I was looking for an accurate repro Enfield bayonet, I'd try Todd Watts at the Blockade Runner. Besides defarbing weapons, they also sell defarbed bayonets. I don't know about Springfield repros though. I use an original.
    Kenny Pavia
    24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by KPavia View Post
      If I was looking for an accurate repro Enfield bayonet, I'd try Todd Watts at the Blockade Runner. Besides defarbing weapons, they also sell defarbed bayonets. I don't know about Springfield repros though. I use an original.
      How do you still use an orignial if you don't mind me asking? And I am guessing it is in nice condition? Where did you get it? Possibly want to add one to my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Elirulz View Post
        How do you still use an orignial if you don't mind me asking? And I am guessing it is in nice condition? Where did you get it? Possibly want to add one to my collection.
        Yeah, the Springfield bayonet that I have is an original that is really good condition. For a scabbard, I just ordered one from Missouri Boot and Shoe and told them it was for an original and so now the scabbard I have fits it like a dream. I use original bayonets for my M1861 and my M1842 and the only repro bayonet I have is for my Enfield. The reason I bought originals was because the cost for them is about the same as some top notch quality reproductions so I just decided to spend that money on originals. Both of mine were about $140 each and I got them both from College Hill Arsenal which is an approved sutler here. I just basically stalked College Hill and checked it a couple times every day to make sure I didn't miss out. You can also email them and ask them if they have any original bayonets or if they can hazard a guess on when they'll acquire some more. That is what I did and Mr. Prince told me that he had just acquired a bunch of bayonets and was about to post them up so I was able to make sure that I had first dibs by constantly checking. If College Hill Arsenal doesn't have any, you can also check out the Horse Soldier. Original bayonets are definitely the route I would go in your case. Forget reproductions.
        Kenny Pavia
        24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Working...
        X