Replacement stock for Euroarms Enfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement stock for Euroarms Enfield

I am in need of a replacement stock (fully inletted) for an old (1970s) Euroarms 3-band p1853 Enfield. Does anyone happen to know a source? I have looked far and wide but so far had no success. To you gun experts out there, does the Armi-sport stock work? I would appreciate any assistance from those with experience in this area. Many thanks.
    Bob Williams
    26th North Carolina Troops
    Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Re: Replacement stock for Euroarms Enfield

Hallo!

A needle in a farmer's field of haystacks, IMHO.

I think your only chance would be to luck onto a lad, who "upgraded" his Enfield with a walnut stock and did not throw away the Euroarms.
    The Armi Sport stock will not likely work although on a guess some parts may fit the Euroarms inletting or mortises. I have never tried a side-by-side swap, but seriously doubt it.

Euroarms and Armi Sport are evolutionary creatures and every so many years over the decades both have changed and modified their Enfields, generally making them larger and more "bulky." As a result parts will not likely match especially the barrel dimensions of a larger and slightly different shaped barrel NOT fitting into the older stock inlets. With tools, skills, and knowledge of cosmetic invisible repairs, one can reinlet and take wood away, or add where the inlet or mortise of off and gaps. And color them to be invisible or nearly so, but... not everyone has those skills.

I will have to check to be sure, but under the dust and cobwebs in a corner I think I may still have a factory unused Euroarms stock from the late 1980's I could sell you. But for all of the hassles of finding box and shipping it to you risking success or the failure of my postage and your return postage... I could not guarantee parts would pop in or drop in.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Vielen dank, Herr Curt. I knew I could count on you for the latest gun wisdom. I was afraid it would be a daunting search. Perhaps I will undertake a repair since it is a secondary weapon. I did such a repair once years ago on an original 45/70 carbine stock with good results. We shall see. However, if you do happen to run across that old one let me know. Best regards,
      Bob Williams
      26th North Carolina Troops
      Blogsite: http://26nc.org/blog/

As [one of our cavalry] passed by, the general halted him and inquired "what part of the army he belonged to." "I don't belong to the army, I belong to the cavalry." "That's a fact," says [the general], "you can pass on." Silas Grisamore, 18th Louisiana

Comment

Bob J have one Idon"t need will try to get pics.

Ronald E. Brown

Comment

Working...
        X