Defarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defarb

Any recommendations for 1853 Enfield Defarb? Check with Blocade Runners and Reg. Qtm. and they no longer offer.
    Mariusz Strus

Re: Defarb

Hallo!

Mr. Watt, hands down.
    Lodgewood.
    Zimmerman but ONLY if you are buying one you can see and examine (his work is randomly "inconsistent" and at times "bizarre"

I would also recommend skipping waiting lines and higher expenses by following the CW WTS want-adds for "pre-owned" and "gently used" ones already "de-farbed" and ready to go at a discount.

Curt
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

I 2nd Lodgewood.
      Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
      44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Schmidt View Post
        Hallo!

Mr. Watt, hands down.
        Lodgewood.
        Zimmerman but ONLY if you are buying one you can see and examine (his work is randomly "inconsistent" and at times "bizarre"

I would also recommend skipping waiting lines and higher expenses by following the CW WTS want-adds for "pre-owned" and "gently used" ones already "de-farbed" and ready to go at a discount.

Curt
        Already have the rifle. Its a gift for my fiancés step dad. Was trying to get contact info for Todd Watts, but can't seem to find any. I will reach out to Lodgewood.

Thanks
        Mariusz Strus

Comment

Todd Watts is doing defarbs on his own now. He defarbed a '53 Enfield for me earlier this year, and I've been quite pleased with the result. I believe he can be reached at wattsdefarbs@gmail.com.
          Last edited by ETYank; 06-13-2014, 02:50 PM. Reason: Punctuation.
          Matt Lakin
          Rat Tail Mess/SCAR

"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools." Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Lodgewood, have used a 61 from them that is great. I have had bad luck with Zimmerman's work. I got a 42 he had defarbed second hand, but it was brand new, never fired. 2nd time I used it the after market blued sear and tumbler he installed cracked/chipped and the front barrel band spring broke. I called, and knew it wasn't going to be any warrenty or anything, but asked if I could buy replacement parts. His answer was a very negative "I'm not in the parts business", not "Oh, sorry the crap broke on my work". I'll never buy another product from that guy.
            Last edited by Pennvolunteer; 06-13-2014, 02:43 PM. Reason: clarification
            Frank Siltman
            24th Mo Vol Inf
            Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
            Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
            Company of Military Historians
            Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Never used anyone but Lodgewood. Did my own de-farb of my Enfield and bought all of the parts from them. Quick and they spent a lot of time with me answering questions.
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

I see this is your first post. Do you already own a P-53 or you considering buying one?
                Jim Mayo
                Portsmouth Rifles, Company G, 9th Va. Inf.

CW Show and Tell Site
                http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

Comment

I found this website for Todd Watts on google.

Access Google Sites with a personal Google account or Google Workspace account (for business use).
                  Louis Zenti

Pvt. Albert R. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-W.I.A. February 15, 1862)
                  Pvt. William H. Cumpston (Company B, 12th Illinois Vol. Inf.-K.I.A. February 15, 1862 Ft. Donelson)
                  Pvt. Simon Sams (Co. C, 18th Iowa Inf.-K.I.A. January 8, 1863 Springfield, MO)
                  Pvt. Elisha Cox (Co. C, 26th North Carolina Inf.-W.I.A. July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

"...in the hottest of the fight, some of the rebs yelled out...them must be Iowa boys". Charles O. Musser 29th Iowa Infantry

Comment

Lodgewood defarbed my Enfield and I am extremely happy with the results. Great service and a great product.
                    Ivan Ingraham
                    AC Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Cumpston1862 View Post
                      I found this website for Todd Watts on google.

https://sites.google.com/site/wattsdefarbs/
                      Thank You. Much appreciated.
                      Mariusz Strus

Comment

Working...
                      X