Picture help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture help

I found this picture on the web and was hoping to get some extra pair of eyes to look at the details. I am interested in the 1st NYVE portion of it and have made my own observations. I have posted a link and you can zooming nice to look at it. Any help or comments would be much appreciated. thanks.

Massachusetts Historical Society, Collections Online: Members of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Regiment and 1st New York Engineers at the Siege of Fort Wagner, Morris Island, S.C.
    Nathanial Collins
    1st New York Volunteer Engineer Regiment
    Blue Grass Mess

Re: Picture help

Nathanial,

I believe this photo was discussed here before, possibly under a thread discussing overalls/coveralls, I think engineer's overalls specifically. The main focus was the guy in the middle (facing right) with light coloured trousers (overalls ?)
    Bob Roeder

"I stood for a time and cried as freely as boys do when things hurt most; alone among the dead, then covered his face with an old coat I ran away, for I was alone passing dead men all about as I went". Pvt. Nathaniel C. Deane (age 16, Co D 21st Mass. Inf.) on the death of his friend Pvt. John D. Reynolds, May 31, 1864.

Comment

Working...
    X