authentic thread question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• authentic thread question

Looking for good authentic thread for button holes buttons topstitching etc. Need help finding good vendors and suppliers all help and advice would be appreciated.
    Ross Taylor.

Re: authentic thread question

What you are making can dictate the type of thread you are using.
    Regardless, you should be able to find what you need at Needle and Thread in Gettysburg.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

I plan on trying to eventually make my own uniformsbut right now I'm am making over in I sense a higher grade off the rack Colombia depot jacket with some hand stitched button holes and the top stitching.
      Ross Taylor.

Comment

You can also get button thread from our approved vendor The Button Baron..

Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

William Booth, Draper offers high quality thread with excellent service.

wmboothdraper.com
          Bob Welch

The Eagle and The Journal
          My blog, following one Illinois community from Lincoln's election through the end of the Civil War through the articles originally printed in its two newspapers.

Comment

Thank you, Andrew.
            We have a supply of unmercerized, uncoated white cotton thread that is ideal for buttonholes and top stitching. It is strong and much more supple than comparable sizes of button thread. It is listed here: http://www.buttonbaron.com/Cotton-Th...500_p_232.html. Choose the "MEDIUM" size. Cost is just $8.50 for a 100 yard spool.

Thank you,
            John Zaharias, Sutler
            Celebrating 51 years in the reenactment hobby.
            John Zaharias, Sutler/The Button Baron

Comment

Working...
            X