Question on confederate trousers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on confederate trousers.

I had a question on blue cotton jean cloth trousers ,or denim, in use by the confederacy and civilians alike.Were they issued in the western theater to confederates and if so how common were they.Were they military pattern or civilian Also was cotton jean cloth in much use by civilians.Thanks in advance.
    Hunter Greene
    ''Before us in proud humiliation stood the embodiment of manhood: men whom neither toils and sufferings, nor the fact of death, nor disaster, nor hopelessness could bend from their resolve; standing before us now, thin, worn, and famished, but erect, and with eyes looking level into ours, waking memories that bound us together as no other bond;— was] not such manhood to be welcomed back into a Union so tested and assured''

Re: Question on confederate trousers.

Hunter,
    Did you try the search function here? I want to say that several years ago someone had posted some pictures or information on a couple uniforms on display in a museum maybe in Texas, New Mexico, or somewhere around there. I believe the uniforms were made of some type of cotton material. I can't remember much about it but I think there was some discussion of the use of an all cotton material for uniforms.
    Rob Bruno
    1st MD Cav
    http://1stmarylandcavalry.com

Comment

Re: Question on confederate trousers.

I have used the search function but the post I found were of trousers in the Army of Northern Virginia. I am looking more fore Army of Tennessee .
      Hunter Greene
      ''Before us in proud humiliation stood the embodiment of manhood: men whom neither toils and sufferings, nor the fact of death, nor disaster, nor hopelessness could bend from their resolve; standing before us now, thin, worn, and famished, but erect, and with eyes looking level into ours, waking memories that bound us together as no other bond;— was] not such manhood to be welcomed back into a Union so tested and assured''

Comment

Working...
      X