Perryville Kit Critique.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville Kit Critique.

I am looking for some advice on my kit for Perryville. Also going to try and wear it for Shiloh. I plan on having my I&C knapsack along with it. Wanting to constantly make it better. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	231944Click image for larger version

ID:	231944Click image for larger version

ID:	231944
    Timothy Hallman

Re: Perryville Kit Critique.

Hi Tim,
    I'm going to chime in with two different things, neither of which will answer your original question, although it may lead you to the right answer.
    1. Generally on the AC, people don't ask for critiquing of one's impression, this has been a Facebook trend for some reason or another. The AC is here more so to guide you to the right resources that allow you to form your own opinion, or tell you exactly what you would need to wear with guidelines set up through research.

2. Without any knowledge of the unit -or brigade at the least- you are trying to recreate, no one can say your impression is right, or wrong. Even in the Federal Army, it changed brigade to brigade at times, or regiment to regiment. If I recall correctly, a Wisconsin unit was a month or two old at the battle and likely in very good shape equipment wise, while some Illinois units were walking around in poor shape because of lack of resupply and active campaigning going on for several months.

I would try and find a unit or brigade you're going to portray, and then start with photograph evidence, even journal entries, or even some other primary resources that might be of some help.

Hopefully this helps to guide you to the right answer to your question.
    Best,
    Mark Krausz
    William L. Campbell
    Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
    Old Northwest Volunteers
    Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

I would echo Mark's comments here.

I think it would be more valuable to talk about what you're planning on using for the event and why. From the pic, viewers can only see your hat, frock, belt, and portions of your trousers, and none of these items can be seen in detail. Your frock looks a little big, but The Old Fellows were men and boys who wore what they were issued, so that's nothing to worry about.

As far as being appropriate for Perryville, this will give you what you need:

The hobby happens at EVENTS! We all look forward to seeing you there!
      John Wickett
      Former Carpetbagger
      Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen. I will use your advice and apologize for the generalized topic.
        Timothy Hallman

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Hallman View Post
          Thank you, gentlemen. I will use your advice and apologize for the generalized topic.
          No apologies needed! The day we stop learning is the day the hobby is no fun anymore.
          John Wickett
          Former Carpetbagger
          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
          X