Shell Jacket blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell Jacket blues

Anybody else ever had a problem with Galla Rock? I ordered a jacket last July and still haven't received it,ever time I try and get any information or updates I can never get an answer it's always something that has nothing to do with my order.......very frustrating, just wondering if anyone else has ran into this?

Dear Mr. Champion, welcome to the forum Being that your account was first established in 2012, you should have noticed that signatures are mandatory for all posts. Take this as an opportunity to review this and other rules of the forum : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ew_faq_item2nu - Silas Tackitt, one of the moderators
    Last edited by Silas; 06-12-2016, 11:47 AM. Reason: Signature violation

Re: Shell Jacket blues

Yes, she is slow...slow.... slow. I ordered a state jacket from her for Pea Ridge, was promised delivery before, and then at the event, I got it a week later... Very unhappy, and I know her! She's nice and does good work when you get the product. It's just getting the product.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

You'll have to forgive me, I'm going through chemo and my mind gets what's called chemo brain,I'm exited to be here I didn't realize that I did something wrong I want to stay in good standings and follow the rules,do I sign my user name or given name, thanks for your help, Sloan Champion

Please Note:

Welcome to the AC, Mr. Champion. You can automatically add your signature by going to your profile and setting up this feature. Then you can post away and it will always be at the bottom of your contributions. Happy to have you.

Ivan Ingraham, AC Moderator

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your answer,I know that it takes time to make a great product but I was thinking that a year was really pushing it, I've seen her work and it's beautiful, I was thinking that it was just me and my luck,do you know of any other maker on her level that may be a tad quicker,thanks pard, Sloan Champion
      Last edited by Ambrose Bierce; 06-13-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Keep on her about it. I ordered a coat and eventually had to demand a refund due to lack of delivery and even a response to inquiries. Unfortunately the prospect of legal action was the only way I managed to provoke a response and a refund.

Good luck
        Patrick M. Ferringer

Governor Guards
        SCAR

Comment

I've called and left a message asking for a refund, the scary part is I loaned her my only decent Columbus depot jacket to use as a pattern and I can't get a response to get her to send it back,so at this point I'm out of my money and shell jacket,I've never dealt with anybody like this and when I ask a direct question I get an odd response, thanks for sharing your account at least I know it's not just me, Sloan Champion

Comment

Sloan,

There are lots of good makers out there. Wambaugh and White is one of the best that comes to mind.
            Andrew Schultz

Possum Skinners Mess

Buzzards Mess

Comment

Originally posted by Yellowhammer Rebel View Post
              Sloan,

There are lots of good makers out there. Wambaugh and White is one of the best that comes to mind.
              I agree. Wambaugh & White are top notch in not only their products but also their customer service. They run their business like a business and it shows. Highly recommend them.

Also, Joe Blunt of Carter & Jasper is excellent for all the same reasons. Can't go wrong with him.
              Kenny Pavia
              24th Missouri Infantry

Comment

Working...
              X