New Chaplain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chaplain

I would like to have contact with any Chaplains (North and South) and get their advice on how they minister to their troops and their experiences. I have been a police chaplain for over 15 years so I am not new to the field, but I have been newly minted as chaplain for the Tenth Michigan and want to give the best impression and service to my regiment that I can.

Roger Marsh
    Chaplain
    10th M.V.I.
    Roger Marsh
    Chaplain
    10th Michigan V.I.

Re: New Chaplain

Roger,

I would also be interested in the gents thoughts/experiences in regards to Federal chaplains. I am not currently a chaplain, but it is one of my areas of interest.

TerryC
    [I]"This war was a fearful lesson, and should teach us the necessity of avoiding wars in the future."
    [/I] Grant

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Terry Callahan[/FONT]

Comment

Re: New Chaplain

Terry,

There is an excellent two volume book set called The Spirit Divided which contains letters and memoirs from chaplains on both sides. The books are divided into North and South. They contain lots of first hand accounts of their experiences and observations. You can also check out: thechaplainkit.com and go to the Civil War section. Lots of pictures of chaplains. What I find the most interesting in those pictures is how many chaplains totally ignored the 1861 Army regs for a chaplains uniform. Most look like regular line officers! Please advise if I can be of any help to you in the future.
      Roger Marsh
      Chaplain
      10th Michigan V.I.

Comment

Working...
      X