Restarting in the hobby - US Officer uniform advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restarting in the hobby - US Officer uniform advice please

Hello! After getting out of the hobby over ten years ago, I'm seriously wanting to get back into it. I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a frock, pants and vest for a US Officer impression. I was mainstream reenacting before, but this time around I want to get more authentic in my impression starting with my uniform. I'm a bigger, taller guy, so would have to be from somewhere that can do "Omar the Tentmaker" sizes. I've been working on my weight and am happy to report I've lost some, but even getting down to my goal weight I will never be a "small" guy.

Any suggestions?

If you're a bigger guy, finding an in-stock, "off the rack" authentically-made uniform may be difficult. You may need to look into a custom, tailored set. Get you measurements from a knowledgeable tailor. Also, check out Andrew Kasmar at Beauregard's tailor. his stuff is among the best.
    Matt Nowlin
    1st Sgt., 12th Louisiana Infantry, Co. M
    Trans-Mississippi Volunteer Infantry
    "It sucks not to be us"
    Pvt., Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

Big and tall is a challenge. I am in the tall area. Good for you to recognize the need to lose the weight. As an addition to the above suggestion check out Guy Gaines of Old Timey Rags.
      Jason Brown
      Mess No. 1

Comment

Working...
      X