Blanket rolls getting a good tight blanket roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket rolls getting a good tight blanket roll

Can someone course me on how to get a blanket roll tight enough but with the amount to carry a shelter tent and other things without it being massively huge I want to carry the stuff I most need but ditch the stuff I don’t is carrying an entire shelter tent over the bedroll a good way to secure it from getting it soaked in rain? Wrapping it in the ground cloth with the stuff inside doesn’t get me access to it in the rain and it’s still gigantic even if it’s rolled neatly some help please
    Last edited by 79thpard; 03-18-2023, 03:58 AM.
    Christian Roberts

I’m aware of twisting the bedroll on the person but since I need the shelter to sleep with or maybe not how would one go about rolling over watch the methods mentioned in the civil war digital digest and have a hard time still
    Christian Roberts

Comment

For the ground cloth, you can carry over your belt.
      What are the planed contents of your bedroll? I have found that the bedroll has a rather limited capacity for contents.
      Dan Kohli

4th U.S. Artillery, Battery A WI.

Comment

Just the basics house wife extra shirt or drawers my candle reflector and extra socks
        Christian Roberts

Comment

I spent a summer rolling up rugs. The trick to getting things tight is to not move when rolling. roll it and pull it towards you as you roll it up.
          Cordially,

Bob Sullivan
          Elverson, PA

Comment

You might have luck putting some smaller items in assorted pockets. If you don't have enough pockets, you can always do some field alterations to your jacket (be reasonable). I keep things such as my housewife and writing set in my jacket pocket.
            Taylor Izzard

Comment

Working...
            X