Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A source for Confederate brogans

Pards,

I am looking for a source of Confederate brogans for We Soon Got Proud next year. I saw the price of the group buy brogan, but they are a wee bit spendy considering all the other things I need to get for this shindig. The other problem is that other vendors who may make them may not deliver on time. Many are backlogged into forever it seems (MBS is an example, unless he is caught up by now). So who has reasonably priced authentic Confederate shoes that will be ready on time (crystal ball not withstanding)?
    Douglas Urbanski
    1st Minnesota Volunteer Infantry
    Mess No. 1

Ancestors:
    William Miller, Co A, 89th New York Vol Inf
    Cyrus Benjamin, Co G, 30th Wisconsin Vol Inf
    David Wilcox, Co C, 146th Illinois Vol Inf
    Arthur McAlister, Corporal, Co B, 5th MN Infantry and 1st LT, Co D 1st MN Heavy Artillery

After taking a look at the guidelines, it looks like some of the civilian shoos from South Union Mills can be an appropriate choice for this event. Their shoes are generally under $200 and they usually ship within four weeks. I can add some links if needed.
    Dan Kohli

4th U.S. Artillery, Battery A WI.

Comment

Thank you, Dan. I will take a look and see. I have a pair of SUM Federal brogans, but never thought about the civilian shoes. I appreciate it! I will keep you posted.
      Douglas Urbanski
      Mess No. 1

Ancestors:
      Arthur McAlister, Corporal, Co B, 5th MN Infantry and 1st LT, Co D 1st MN Heavy Artillery

Comment

No problem.
        Dan Kohli

4th U.S. Artillery, Battery A WI.

Comment

Dan, I went with civilian shoes from SUM. They are supposed to pass muster with LR at We Soon Got Proud. Thanks for the suggestion.

Douglas Urbanski
          Mess No. 1

Ancestors:

Comment

Working...
          X