Which Patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Patterns?

I'm new here, but not to reenacting. With that said I'm looking to get back into the hobby and I'm waiting to do things right from the start. I enjoy sewing and making things myself, I'm wanting to make my uniforms from a pattern and completely hand sew them, what are some patterns that yall recommend, looking for ones with clear easy to follow instructions. I'm gonna get my CS impression done then work on my US impression
    ℳ𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓌 𝒜𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇𝓈

Re: Which Patterns?

Wambaugh white & co kits have always been highly recommended
    Sean Dahl

Comment

Thanks, I've been adding it up and it's only $20-$30 more for the WW&co kit
      ℳ𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓌 𝒜𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇𝓈

Comment

For basic enlisted items, I've had good luck with County Cloth patterns.

For more fitted officer frocks, I've had custom patterns drafted by Jim Ruley and been very pleased. Also, you can get "Devere's On Disc" from Jim, which is a great resource!

Also, using Devere instructions from Jim Williams, I just completed a pair of CS trousers, the pattern for which I drafted myself from Devere's instructions.
        John Wickett
        Former Carpetbagger
        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

I've made a few rev war garments from a pattern, and a frock from galla rock. I'm no expert by any means but I know the basics.
          ℳ𝒶𝓉𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓌 𝒜𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇𝓈

Comment

Working...
          X