LENSES For My Original Specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LENSES For My Original Specs?

Hey folks, I've searched on here a few times for this answer and didn't find it, so forgive me if I missed it. I need glasses. Cool. NP. So I bought a pair of originals as that seems to be the thing to do. It seems that everyone suggests you do that and then have the lenses you require put in them. WHERE? WHO does this? Walmart won't, and none of the other independent stores near me will. I recall reading about a place in Michigan, maybe, who did this for these old glasses. Does that ring a bell with anyone? Any suggestion about who does this, even if I have to mail them off, is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Jacob "Ned" Nolan
    Mess No. 1

Re: LENSES for my original specs?

Eye Associates of New Mexico will take any frame. The best part was that Davis Vision covered most of the expense. I do not know who is their optical subcontractor, but I'd recommend just shopping around everywhere local first.
    Michael Denisovich

Bookkeeper, Indian agent, ethnologist, and clerk out in the Territory
    Museum administrator in New Mexico

Comment

Walmart doesn't fit lenses in house. You need to find an optometry that does.
      Michael Semann
      AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

That's a fair summary of my question. Do you know any answer?
        Jacob "Ned" Nolan
        Mess No. 1

Comment

You are looking for an "optician." If you are nearsighted, you'll need to provide them with a copy of your prescription. If you just need reading glasses, the optician may be able to help you select the appropriate lenses through trial and error.

Take care,
          Marc Speed
          Marc Speed

Comment

Where are you located? A high school classmate of mine is an optician and she told me she could do up some period glasses for me or anyone in my unit. She is located in Northern NY State.
            Michael Cairns

Comment

This isn't a difficult task. All the OP has to do is call around, and as I stated before, find an Optometry that does IN HOUSE lens fabrication and fitting. They WILL be able to fit lenses to your period frames. Those who won't do not because they send away to have the work done. Usually to China with the more budget rate sorts.
              Michael Semann
              AC Staff Member Emeritus.

Comment

Working...
              X