Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatigue blouse for Jr Officer impression.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fatigue blouse for Jr Officer impression.

Like it has been said over and over again, sack coats on Jr. officers are totally over represented. I for one portray a 2nd L.T. in the 7th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry. The 7th Conn spent 80% of it's time in the Army/Dept of the Gulf. As the war dragged on, the state of the officers got worse and worse. From a series of photos both CDV's and in the field photos, you can tell they went from frockcoats with kepis and big shoulder boards in 1862, to shell jackets with forage caps and thin shoulder boards and subdued rank in 1864. They were also "in the a** end of the war" and not in Tennessee or Virginia, but they went through a process not unlike their counterparts in the east and west. So there for, i have two impressions when portraying a officer. One which is a frockcoat with more fancy, private purchase gear including a kepi, and i have another which consists of a shell jacket with more enlisted gear which includes a forage cap. Just thought i put my two cents worth in aswell.
    Ethan S. Gallo

Comment

Working...
    X