Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. H. Fannin's 1st Ga Reserves

Greetings All,
    My mother has asked that I send out a request for any leads to follow for information on Colonel J. H. Fannin's 1st Georgia Reserves, which were embodied on April 29, 1864, apparently from conscripted Georgia militiamen. She is attempting to track down one of our ancestors, who served in Captain J. C. Thornton's Coy D, and is looking for material that might shed light on their service record. I am not looking to find an "easy out" by taking advantage of list members' knowledge- I am a Ph.D. student in history so I know about researching, but Georgia in the Civil War is not one of my specialities, so I don't really know where to begin. The info she has thus far was taken from an official roster on microfilm. So if any of you gentlemen would like to help out, we would appreciate any suggestions or leads.

Regards,
    Will Tatum
    Yours in The Cause,
    Will Tatum
    Lil' Bastid Mess

Esse Quam Videri

Re: J. H. Fannin's 1st Ga Reserves

This may help a bit;

Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Working...
    X