Mid War NC units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid War NC units

Anyone have any detailed info or know where a Connecticut re-enactor can can this info on Mid war NC units for an impression?

Much thanks.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Matt Reardon[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]"River Rat Mess"[/FONT]
    8th Connecticut Volunteers

[B]Executive Director
    New England Civil War Museum
    Rockville, Connecticut
    [url]www.newenglandcivilwarmuseum.com[/url][/B]

Re: Mid War NC units

Matt,

I would suggest that you use the "Links" and "Search" features on the forum to begin your research into NC troops.

After that, check the Internet for bibliographical information on possible sources.

Also, your local library should be helpful.

Good luck
    Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Originally posted by riverratmess
      Anyone have any detailed info or know where a Connecticut re-enactor can can this info on Mid war NC units for an impression?

Much thanks.
      Matt,

The first thing you must know is where the Unit was assigned. Where they were assigned makes a difference in the types of Jackets they were issued. North Carolina units were generally well supplied. The State Quartermaster Department issued State Depot Jackets to its troops in both the Western and Eastern theatres. E-mail me at j.anderson4@worldnet.att.net I will send you more detailed information

John Anderson
      1st Sgt.
      Co. D, 23rd NCST
      The Pee Dee Guard

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
        Matt,

The first thing you must know is where the Unit was assigned. Where they were assigned makes a difference in the types of Jackets they were issued. North Carolina units were generally well supplied. The State Quartermaster Department issued State Depot Jackets to its troops in both the Western and Eastern theatres. E-mail me at j.anderson4@worldnet.att.net I will send you more detailed information

John Anderson
        1st Sgt.
        Co. D, 23rd NCST
        The Pee Dee Guard
        Please post it here. There are quite a few of us who would like to read it too.
        B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Working...
        X