Jacket for late war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacket for late war

Im going to get a Jean wool jacket made in not long to use for Franklin and other events and Im trying to decide what type should I go with a Commutation or Alabama depot or something else ?

Re: Jacket for late war

Originally posted by 62nd ALA Pvt
    Im going to get a Jean wool jacket made in not long to use for Franklin and other events and Im trying to decide what type should I go with a Commutation or Alabama depot or something else ?
    Owen,

If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, here's what you really ought to do.

Read:

and

Read:

After reading these, and doing a bit of research on the unit with whom you'll attend the "Franklin" event, you should be able to make a very informed decision on your own.

Enjoy the articles. They form the basis for most discussions on which jacket, where and when.

Cordially,

Comment

Owen,

You've now asked two questions about CS jackets and have been pointed to the Les Jensen article both times. That should tell you something.

Since you are obviously a novice in this area of study (and there's no shame in that), I would strongly encourage you again to click on the link Keith provided or the link I provided in my reply to your question about Tait jackets and read the excellent three-part article.

If you are serious about authentically portraying a Confederate soldier, the Jensen article is simply a must-read.
      John Stillwagon

Comment

As your fellow newby, I also recomend the Les Jensen article very highly. It helped me alot.

Comment

Working...
        X