Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference books?

Moderators-
    Please move if this is the inappropriate folder.

Whenever someone mentions the Fred Gaede book on shelter halves, or the works being done on knapsacks, or cartridge boxes, etc, etc, etc, I keep meaning to ask where a fellow can locate these but never do.

Well, I'm finally asking. I looked for a bit here on the AC site to see if there were links, but to be honest I wasn't really sure where to begin looking.

So, if any of you fine folks could point me in the general direction to obtaining these books, and maybe a short list of which ones are available, it would be appreciated-by me. I'm sure my wife won't be too thrilled about me adding to my want lists.

Thanks in advance,
    Wm.T. Ripley

Re: Reference books?

Dear William,

Yours truly, &c.,

Mark Jaeger
    Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Perfect.

Thank you Mark, much appreciated.

Wm.T. Ripley

Comment

Good deal, William. By the way, "Fall Creek Sutlers," which is located about 30 minutes from where I live, also has a large assortment of reference books including "Cartridge Boxes of the Union Infantryman":

However, stay away from most of the rest of their wares--Fall Creek sells mostly "entry-level" stuff with the exception of their "Emergency Blanket," which has, in fact, received good reviews in progressive circles.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
        Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Huh, never thought about FC. They are just a few minutes down the road from me as well. May have to take a little drive this weekend.

Wm.T. Ripley

Comment

Hi William,

So where do you live? Near Lebanon? I live in Lafayette. You're welcome to contact me at: markj@purdue.edu and we'll chat some more.

Regards,

Mark Jaeger
            Regards,

Mark Jaeger

Comment

Hey WmT!!
              Good to see your post!
              Mark, WmT is a fellow member of the Tar Water Mess. Been a good while since we've been in the field together though. Perhaps soon?
              Matthew Rector

Comment

Mark-I live in Noblesville actually.

Matt-Hey there, long time no hear! Mason has been working on me to get back out there. What has it been? 4 years now??? He keeps threatening to make me that frock coat.

Comment

Working...
                X