X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runner

Pards,

I have used the search function and have come up empty handed. So, I was wonder, are there any thoughts on Blockade Runner the Sutler? Good or bad.

Re: Blockade Runner

Look in the site toolbar. Click Links then Vendors. YOU WILL NOT find Blockade Runner there.
    B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Sir,

Garrison is correct as to Blockade Runner's status. I would, however, say that they do carry several excellent products that have nothing to do with uniforms and equipment per se. BR has Leech & Rigdon brass buckles & snaps, CS saddle hardware and a pewter CSA plate that are all excellent products if one is in the fabrication field. Other than that though, forget it.

Neill Rose
      PLHA
      Love & Wienges

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Scout
        Garrison is correct as to Blockade Runner's status. I would, however, say that they do carry several excellent products that have nothing to do with uniforms and equipment per se. BR has Leech & Rigdon brass buckles & snaps, CS saddle hardware and a pewter CSA plate that are all excellent products if one is in the fabrication field. Other than that though, forget it.
        Just to echo what Bro. Rose said-- they also have a couple of odds and ends for defarbing your Enfield, and I have heard they carry pretty decent repops of NC sunburst buttons, as well. Other than that, I found them to be pretty much mainstream in their approach to biz. Your mileage may vary....

Rich Croxton
        Rich Croxton

"I had fun. How about you?" -- In memory of Charles Heath, 1960-2009

Comment

I got a Noble Bro's. pewter "C.S.A." belt plate from them...it's quite nice. I think I've ordered a few other belt plates from them in the past, along with some of the buttons they carry. If you're looking for uniforms, well then save your money and get it from one of the approved vendors on this page.
          James K. Masson

Comment

I have just looked at their site for the first time in a couple of years. The silver washed NC Seal buttons look very good, though their claim to be the first to produce local NC buttons is false, Ben Tart was.

In looking at several items I can see where they are a tempting source, they are very inexpensive. This is a very big big red flag.
            Last edited by Vuhginyuh; 08-23-2004, 08:53 AM.
            B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Ask yourself these questions:

1. Are they on the AC's list?
              2. What does there stuff look like?
              3. Do any of your C/P/H buddies recommend them?
              4. Do the prices sound to good to be true, when compared to the prices of reputable vendors?

In the case of Blockade Runner the answers are:
              1. NO!
              2. Crap!!
              3. Not unless your C/P/H buddies also shop at Cyber Sutler.
              4. Lets see, CJ Daley Sack Coat - $180, Skilletlicker- $195 (Wedeward), Blockade Runner- $65. Sounds a little fishy to me.

Stick to your own research of originals and the AC's list and you can't go wrong.
              Ted Siljowicz

Comment

I have added way to much to this useless thread. If I were a moderator I would scold the participants and then close it.
                B. G. Beall (Long Gone)

Comment

Zechary,

The vendor list under the links section of the site was developed to provide a list of reputable vendors that produce, what in the moderators' opinions, are quality goods, using correct materials, patterns, and construction methods.

If the vendor in question doesn't appear on the list, chances are VERY good that the things from that vendor don't measure up to A/C standards.

One other thing that you can look into would be to go to a group's website and see who they recommend as vendors. An example of this is my group's website at www.stonewallbrigade.com.

Good luck.
                  Mike "Dusty" Chapman

Member: CWT, CVBT, NTHP, MOC, KBA, Stonewall Jackson House, Mosby Heritage Foundation

"I would have posted this on the preservation folder, but nobody reads that!" - Christopher Daley

The AC was not started with the beginner in mind. - Jim Kindred

Comment

Working...
                  X