Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button Holes

Pards,

I had the stitching on one of my drawers' button holes come undone. I want to repair it, but I've never stitched button holes before. I assume there is a certain stitch that is needed. I'd really appreciate some help

Thanks,
    Ryan McIntyre
    124th New York State Volunteers
    Founder of the Squatting Bullfrog Mess & the "Leave your politics at home" Mess

"the Doctor says that I have got the Knapsack complaint that is I cant carry a knapsack that is a disease of my own getting up for I can lift as much as eney[sic] of the boys"
    Joseph H. Johnston
    March 16th 1863
    Camp Convalescent

"It takes twelve men and a corporal up there [brigade headquarters] to take care of a few trees and salute the officers as they pass these are all the orders we have, but it is military I suppose..."
    Henry M Howell
    March 8 1863
    In camp Near Falmouth

Re: Button Holes

I am by all means no expert, but to assist me with my first button holes I used the inofrmation contained on http://www.ushist.com/general-information/stitch.htm. After some practice, they turned out looking like button holes done by more experienced taylors. I'm sure others will pipe in with variations on this stitch, but this worked for me!

Good luck and happy stitching.

Hallo Herr Pfeiffer: AC Forum rules call for one's avatar to be an actual image of oneself (either period or modern) rather than artwork, graphics, or cartoons. Please amend yours. Thank you. Curt-Heinrich Schmidt,Moderator
    Last edited by Curt Schmidt; 12-18-2003, 07:20 PM.
    [FONT=microsoftsansserif][SIZE=2]James R. Pfeiffer

Comment

Working...
    X