The Shoulderboards of a Medical Cadet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shoulderboards of a Medical Cadet

The Revised Regulations For The Army of The United States specificy that shoulder insignia of a medical cadet were as follows:

A strip of gold lace three inches long, half an inch wide, placed in the middle of a strap of green cloth three and three-quarter inches long by one and one-quarter inches wide.
    Although photographic evidence of these straps is scarce, the insignia does not appear to be two pieces of loosely attached cloth, as the photograph which accompanies the above description in the Regs. would suggest. Rather, the straps appear to be common shoulder boards, the gold-yellow placed in the center of the boards, surrounded by a dark green perimeter and devoid of any further insignia within.

My question is this: is anyone aware of an authentic source currently producing these or with the capability of producing them? I had Wendy Osman in mind, but as I have never approached her for an order, let alone a custom service, I thought I would run it by these forums first, in the hopes that I could turn over some clues.

Thanks,
    Harton Semple III

Re: The Shoulderboards of a Medical Cadet

This is a great question...of which I have no idea. But being in the Medical Service / Nurse Corp I would love to know this. I have even wanted to extend my impression to possibley this during i.e. John Cleveland-Port Gibson- Death- March.

Maybe just ......Maybe, contact the Medical Museum at Ft Sam Houston, Texas....they have great displays there and they are the home of the Army Medical Corp. Please try it, I would love to know. Good Luck and GREAT POST!

Comment

Working...
    X