Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New reenactor needs some inputs

Hello Ya'll and i hope im welcome?

my name is Cody Turner and i am with the 21st North Carolina a unit in the Idaho Civil War Vollunteers. i am fresh fish but ive made some purchases and i would like some opinons from you veterans. after heavy research on the 21st i learned that they were outfitted with Richmond Depot Gear. I already have a tin drum Canteen and Russet Brogans because thats what i was advised to get first off. here is a list of my recent purchases.

a Gray Richmond Depot Jacket II from Ben Tart
    a gray pair of Richmond Depot Trousers from Ben Tart
    a gray Homespun Kepi from Dirty Billy's hats.

i would appreciate it if i could get some advice on where to start buying my leather gear thank you.

Cody, please sign all of your posts with your full name. The auto-signature feature in your profile is the easiest way to do this - Mike Chapman
    Last edited by dusty27; 12-28-2003, 10:31 AM.

Re: New reenactor needs some inputs

Originally posted by RebelYellofDixie
    i am with the 21st North Carolina
    Have you considered a North Carolina Jacket? I understand many of the NC Regiments were well supplied with these uniquely North Carolina made Jackets. Have you done any research to determine what the unit was actually issued through out thee war?

Regarding Leathers, L.D. Haning makes some excellent Confederate Leathers.

---------------

Two final notes, there is the Camp of Instruction Forum, which is far more appropriate for these types of questions, and... the A/C Forum requires that each post end with your full name on the bottom of the post.
    Last edited by BrianHicks; 12-28-2003, 09:42 AM. Reason: Correct spelling mistakes
    Brian Hicks
    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Also consider Butch Myers for your leathers 804-288-9308. He makes some of the best if not the best CS leathers in the business. Also Tim Welch at LD Haning is very good. Especially his kibbler packs. They are incredible.
      Fenny I Hanes

Richmond Depot, Inc.
      PO BOX 4849
      Midlothian, VA 23112
      www.richmonddepot.com
      (804)305-2968

Comment

LD Haning!!!

Comment

Cody,
          As posted previous. Tim Welch , aka ldhaning and Butch Myers are the way to go. I've got accouterment sets from both of them . Both are real craftsmen.
          Barry Dusel

In memory: Wm. Stanley, 6th PA Cav. Ernst C. Braun, 9th PA. Cav. John E. Brown & Edwin C. Brown, 23rd PVI

Comment

Cody - give me a call this weekend in Eagle at 938-3497. I have laid out a program for you guys, from shoes to caps. The sage advice above is a great start.
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Working...
            X