Private message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private message

Is there something special you have to do to use the private message feature? Everytime I have tried to use it I receive the following message -

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    Jim Kindred

Re: Private message

Morning Jim,

I tried to send you a PM and it says you're not set up for Private Messaging. Is your private messaging disabled?

Go to Quick Links, Edit Options, Messaging and Notification, Private Messaging, and be sure Enable Private Messaging is "checked."

See, piece of cake. :) Try sending me a PM.
    BTW, while you're there, you may want to make sure email is enabled as well.
    Jack Booda

Comment

Jack,

Thanks. I tried that last night, I do not have the "Private Messaging" option listed under Messaging and Notification.
      Jim Kindred

Comment

Jim,

You may have to re-register and pay particular attention to any questions about messaging. At least try registering a new "person" and see if that gives you PMs. I don't remember the sequence of data input required, but surely one of the moderators can help to make sure you get set up properly.

I guess we could get their attention by using some F-Words and creating a Huge Flame War! :)
        Jack Booda

Comment

We finally got this working for Jim Kindred and all the other Approved Vendors. PM your hearts out.
          Paul Calloway
          Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
          Proud Member of the GHTI
          Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
          Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Working...
          X