Bugle Cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugle Cord

How do I tie a Bugle cord? Is there ny specific pattern? I have seen many different examples in pictures and books.. anyone have a "step by step" or some detailed pics? I also need to buy a good quality cord. I was told it needs to be 22 feet long? Any info would be apprecieated.

Mike Grzeskowiak
    9th NYVC

Re: Bugle Cord

Wasn't there answers provided days ago to this same thread on Szabo's forum?

Comment

Mike is new to online forums in general. I think he forgot that many reenactors read both this forum and the CW Reenactors Forum, and some are on his own forum as well. Perhaps he thinks different forums have different (better or worse) information, not realizing the same sources are available to everyone. He is starting to climb the learning curve.
      Yr Most Ob't Serv't,

Guy 'Frenchie' LaFrance

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
        Perhaps he thinks different forums have different (better or worse) information, not realizing the same sources are available to everyone..

It seems that when I ask a question on the "other forum" I get alot of "mainstream" responses..(people emailing me telling me how to make it 'look' authentic, instead of helping) I dont believe in the 15 foot rule * I am trying to make my impression more authentic, so I figured that I would ask here, too I figured that some people were 'loyal' to one board and I would get better answers here. I talked with JH Berger and he told me he i coming out with excellent reproduction bugle cords (wooden cored tassles) and made of quality wool. They will also be the correct length. I recieved this response here. Also thanks to all (Frencie) for the research on braiding the cord. Anyone interested in seeing how I tied and braided the cord, as well as the great bugle purchased from RJ Samp, Please email me.

*as long as it looks good from 15 feet away ( for people who didn't know) ;)

Comment

Working...
        X