Marine Impression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Impression

I have been working on my Marine impression for sometime now and am having trouble locating the shoulder scales with the frills on them. I have a beautiful sekal marine full dress frock but the Marines never wore it without the scales so to wear it I would be incorrect if anyone can assist me THANK YOU! I have seached for hours and came up empty handed my next step is to make my own... I just dont want them to look farby!
    Drew Ingram
    7th NJ CO A
    2nd Battalion
    6th Marines
    WIA: FALLUJAH, IRAQ

Re: Marine Impression

The only place I've ever seen them listed is:

Gun Parts, Uniforms, Accessories, Books, Insignia for Civil War, Indian War & Spanish American War Collectors

Check pages 96-97 of their 2007 catalog.

It looks like they've actually gotten a Marine scale made instead of just putting the fringe on an Army scale (from the picture in EOG it looks like the Marine shoulder scales are longer, having one additional "scale").

You may want to contact Nick ************ as well. Since he makes the frock, he may be able to pull something together for the scales as well.

Matt Wright

Comment

that was what i needed you are a life saver thanks for that tip!
      Drew Ingram
      7th NJ CO A
      2nd Battalion
      6th Marines

Comment

Drew,

Wat sources are you using to develop your impression?
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

I have several books on the Fedral Marines durin the war and have alot of pictures and news articles from 1862-1864 that I found at the library of congress when I was In Maryland for a few months recovering. I also have contacted the good folks at the Marine Corps Mueseum that just opened and they have provided me with extensive articles and reseach material which was been a great help.
          Drew Ingram
          7th NJ CO A
          2nd Battalion
          6th Marines

Comment

Next time you talk to anyone at the new MC Museum, ask for SSgt Sullivan. He's a coordinator for the USMC-Historical Company. Let me encourage you to contact them and start getting involved with their Civil War era USMC activities. I am a member, and have participated in their 1859 USMC at Harpers Ferry event. (Before I retired, I participated in a few of their WWII activities.)

This is the USMCHC web site: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/2268/

You may find this discussion of interest:

Last edited by BrianHicks; 08-04-2007, 08:01 PM.
            Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

i sure will thanks for the heads up! I figured that it would be a good way to give back to the Marines who came before us I do a Rev War impression already but the civil war is my addiction (not my hobby) I do a army infantry impression with the 7th nJ and figured a Marine impression would be great for living history im doing the full dress impression to start which is the most expensive I find its easier to work you way down from there Im waiting for my shako and just ordered my shoulder scales then I am all set.
              Drew Ingram
              7th NJ CO A
              2nd Battalion
              6th Marines

Comment

The USMCHC will be doing the Marines at Herpes Ferry again this Oct. 13 and 14. They will provide all uniform and accoutrement items that participants may not personally own. You would really enjoy this program.

Gunnery Sergeant Williams is teh man you need to contact.

His e-mail is: GunnyUSMCHC@aol.com

SSgt Sullivan's e-mail: sullivans@NT.QUANTICO.USMC.MIL

Try the Gunny's first though, as I think Sullivan's may have changed recently.

The Historical Company just did an 1812 training event a few months ago. They event spent time aboard the USS Constitution doing Ships Company training. They also did a USMC at 1st Mannassas this past anniversary weekend.

It sounds as though the USMC Historical Company is just what you'd like to do.

Give Gunny Williams an e-mail, tell him MSgt Hicks has referred you to him.

And if you do reach Sullivan at the Museum, tell him that Top Hicks still owes him a swift kick in the backside! (Sullivan and I worked together for the last two years before I retired in Dec. of 2003).
                Brian Hicks
                Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

This is a picture from Oct. 2005 at the Marines at Harpers Ferry, Oct 1859. (AKA- John Browns Raid).
                  Attached Files
                  Brian Hicks
                  Widows' Sons Mess

Comment

Drew,

Sent you a PM.

OORAH
                    Chad Teasley

"Mississippians don't know, and refuse to learn, how to surrender to an enemy."
                    Lt Col James Autry, CSA, May 1862

Comment

Working...
                    X