Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC Depot Pics

Hello,

Can anyone send me some photos of either Charlie Childs or Ben tarts of the following:

NC Depot:
    Sleave lineing
    inner pocket

I am trying to complete a blank and could use some assistance.

Thanks
    Chris Reed

Re: NC Depot Pics

Hi,
    just get in contact with the one you bought it from (childs or tart), They will be glad to help you out.
    regards,
    [FONT=Georgia][B]Bart Soons[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Re: NC Depot Pics

Chris,

I don't have any pictures or know excatly what you are stuck on, but I can at least desribe how the pocket on my Tart NC Depot was done and finished. I have done pockets on shirts which have produced the same result, so I assume it is the same process.

Hope I can be of some assistance and here is how I did it:
      - The two peices of the pocket are sewn on the lining with right sides together with a longer one on top gocing towards collar and a short on the bottom going towards the waist, overlap the seam allowances.

- Make a slit in the lining that matches and is inbetween the seams on the pocket peices. You'll have to turn back the seam allowances to make it. Turn the peices through the slit.

- Sew around the edges of the pocket peices joining them as close to the slit as possible. This will make the actual pocket and keep the seam to the outside of the pocket.

- Once the pocket is together turn the lining back to the right side. There will be a gap left between the first two seams you made. The loose ends from the cut in between the peices are then whipped stiched to the back peice of the pocket, going from teh top seam to the lower seam. The final product is two seams, one on top of another, turned to the inside and connected with two whipped seams on the edges. Topsitch the lining and the now front pocket peice just under the seam, this helps keep the pocket flat agianst the lining.

I can try and send some pictures tonight possibly. I am also sure are others can chime in and add to my description. Feel free to PM me if you want. Good luck with the jacket.
      Zach Langley
      8th GA, Co. A
      The Goober Grabbers Mess

Comment

Working...
      X