X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cloth Questions

Gents,
    What type of material should I use while making an Oil Cloth? I've heard linen and/or, canvas. What as anybody seen while examining an original?

Also has anybody found that the recipe for an Oil Cloth paint in the 1863 CS Quartermaster's manual was actually used during the war?
    Andrew Turner
    Co.D 27th NCT
    Liberty Rifles

"Well, by God, I’ll take my men in and if they outflank me I’ll face my men about and cut my way out. Forward, men!” Gen. John R. Cooke at Bristoe Station,VA

Re: Oil Cloth Questions

Andrew,

The first search yielded 48 threads on this very subject; however, ask one of the older fellows in your group to introduce you to the lengendary Ray Bass sometime. Claude Sinclair, a member of this forum, would probably be a great help once you read the basic posts on the subject. You won't find finer gentlemen out there than these two fellows.

A search engine is a terrible thing to waste.
    [B]Charles Heath[/B]
    [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Re: Oil Cloth Questions

Originally posted by Charles Heath View Post
      A search engine is a terrible thing to waste.
      No truer words were ever spoken.
      Paul Calloway
      Proudest Member of the Tar Water Mess
      Proud Member of the GHTI
      Member, Civil War Preservation Trust
      Wayne #25, F&AM

Comment

Working...
      X